From Code Enforcement:
Have a question? Need a little extra help? Contact us!
Our zoning, development, and permitting staff is here to answer your questions and find what you need. Browse below for points of contact for each Office and project type. To learn more about DCP’s zoning, development, and permitting services, visit our Getting Started page.
Please Note: Due to public health concerns, staff is operating on a hybrid remote schedule. City facilities are open to the public for certain in-person transactional services listed below. All individuals must adhere to the current mask mandate, which covers all indoor facilities. All other services will continue to be operated virtually until further notice.
By appointment only: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Open Records Review in the Office of Buildings. Schedule by phone at 404-865-8451 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. (This is for Open Records only)
Walk-in Transactions: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Express Permitting (404-330-6907)
- Permits for Residential Additions / alterations < 1,500 sq. ft. (404-330-6906)
Also you can receive updates on the addresses that you have provided.
The Code Enforcement Section is responsible for the inspection and enforcement of residential and commercial properties that violate the Atlanta Housing Code, Graffiti Ordinance, and/or Commercial Maintenance and Industrial Code. Properties are inspected for violations such as:
- decayed/damaged leaking roofs,
- holes in flooring (both inside and out),
- broken window glass; flaking/peeling paint,
- rodent infestation or unsanitary conditions,
- overgrown, littered vacant lots,
- junk/inoperative vehicles,
- electrical hazards,
- open and vacant structures,
- dilapidated buildings, and
- numerous other deficiencies which render properties sub standard, or unsafe to its occupants or the general public.