Beginning Wednesday, July 1, 2020, the Fulton County Library System will begin curbside pickup services and allow patrons with library books and materials at home to begin returning those materials to their local library branches.
County libraries will remain closed for typical in-branch library services, but items placed on hold by library patrons will be available for pickup from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday at designated library branches.
To pick-up library materials on hold, residents are asked to:
- Bring their library or photo ID to the branch where their items are being held
- Follow signs to designated parking spaces for curbside service (or to designated tables for walk-up services)
- Call the number on signs to alert a staff member that they have arrived and provide their name
- Show the staff member photo ID or library card through closed window
- Open/unlock trunk or back seat door to allow library staff to place items in their vehicle
- Walk-up patrons will use social distancing to provide ID and receive materials in front of branches
To return library materials, residents are asked to:
- Bring their books or other materials to any library branch open for curbside services
- Place items in designated bins in front of the library
- All items returned to the library will be placed in quarantine and will not be checked out to any library patron for a minimum of 24 hours
All items picked up will be checked out for a period of 14 days for new books/materials, 7 days for DVDs and 28 days for all other materials. A very limited selection of passes will be available for checkout during curbside service. Residents are asked not to donate books at this time.
“Our patrons have been so gracious during this challenging time, quickly adapting to the digital services only model of library services during COVID-19. Our staff has jumped in and created virtual programming, expanded our Ask a Librarian hours, implemented virtual book clubs, taught countless patrons how to use digital library services, but now, we are ready to get back to our branches and get books in hands,” said Library Director Gayle Holloman. “Patrons who wish to check out physical materials will be able to do so using the library’s new curbside model beginning July 1st.”
In addition to curbside services, the Library System’s Ask a Librarian live assistance site will remain available for extended hours, Monday –Thursday 10 am – 8 pm, Friday and Saturday 10 am – 6 p.m., Sunday 2 – 6 pm. Virtual Programming will continue on the Library’s social media channels by following @fulcolibrary.
For more about the Fulton County Library System please check out their website here.