The Parks Department reports that workers are busy putting the finishing touches on Phase 1 of construction of Westside Park. The reservoir’s water level continues to rise and work is now underway on the park’s second phase with an estimated completion of spring or summer 2021. Learn more about the project to create Atlanta’s largest greenspace here.
Southside Interim Trail
- Southside Trail-West Completed work includes corridor tree clearing, hot spot remediation, erosion control, and vibration monitoring. Utility relocation work is ongoing.
Northeast Interim Trail
- Northside Trail Central Work recently completed includes grading, stormwater installation, and fiber duct bank installation. The first concrete pour took place on June 11.
- Westside BeltLine Connector (PATH Foundation) Abutment work on Segment 1 (Northside to Waypoint Apartments) by PATH contractor continues. A prefabricated bridge was installed at Joseph E. Boone Boulevard.
- Trees Atlanta Longleaf Pine Savanna has been installed outside Best End Brewing Co. Visit this collection of native Georgia plants that should thrive in this bog-like environment!
- Holderness Access Point Upcoming improvements to this public space will provide residents with more usable space for community events as well as easier access to the Westside Trail. Read more.
- Trees Atlanta Don’t miss theNew Stumpery Garden south of Wylie Street in Reynoldstown.
- H4WP Gateway Trail, which connects the Eastside Trail to the Historic Fourth Ward Park will be closing in the next month as New City Properties prepares to install stairs and an elevator prior to the construction of their new development at 760 Ralph McGill. More information about the project can be found here.
Learn more at beltline.org: